Neckbands gained so much attention because they offer a wireless experience that most users find convenient.
But, as the TWS earbuds are gaining even more popularity, it seems like neckbands won’t hold up longer.
When we compared neckbands with TWS earbuds, we found TWS earbuds more convenient for everyday use.
But that’s not the case with everyone. We know a lot of people who prefer neckbands over earbuds.
So, Are neckband earphones good and worth buying today? Let’s find it out.
Are Neckband Earphones Good?
Yes, the neckband earphones are good, but you have to keep a few things in mind.
- These are not truly wireless, so you have to deal a little with wires.
- Neckband earphones are not evolving anymore because most companies are focusing on earbuds only.
- You only have limited options available now. If you want a premium quality neckband with the latest features, then you might not find one.
On the positive side:
- Most neckbands sound really good. You will get an immersive audio experience where you can listen to the finer details in the music.
- These are easy to carry as you can put them around your neck.
- They deliver great battery life. A neckband may last anywhere between 8 hours to 25+ hours, depending on the battery size.
- There is no chance of mistouch as neckbands have physical buttons.
- The call quality is better on neckbands as the mic rests near the mouth. Moreover, you can physically move the mic near your mouth for better call quality.
- You can easily use neckbands with a helmet.
After looking at all these features, we can say, Yes, neckbands are good.
Is a neckband better than earphones?
When compared to wired earphones, we don’t think neckbands are better.
Why? Because in wired earphones, companies only focus on sound. Whereas with neckbands, companies have to focus on sound and other aspects like Bluetooth, codecs, battery, and more.
So if you compare a Rs 1500 wired earphone to a neckband of the same price, you will find that the wired earphone has clear, fuller, and wider sound stages with deep bass.
The call quality will also be much superior on wired earphones.
When compared to TWS earbuds, the neckbands sound better. But that doesn’t mean TWS earbuds sound inferior.
Companies are focusing on earbuds, and you can see significant improvements in these earbuds.
We suggest you have a look at the neckband vs TWS earbuds comparison, where we have covered every aspect. This comparison will give you a clear idea about which is the best for you.
Overall, we would say that neckbands are not as good as wired earphones, especially in sound and call quality, but they are slightly better than TWS earbuds.
But then, other factors like convenience, battery life, portability, and ease of use also matter. In all these regards, neckbands and TWS earbuds are many times better than any wired earphone.
You might also like these boAt Airdopes TWS earbuds.
How much should you spend on a neckband?
The good thing about neckbands is that they are inexpensive.
They could have been a lot more expensive if companies had focused on them and added new features. But companies are busier with TWS earbuds and have less focus on neckbands.
So, how much should you spend on a neckband?
The right amount to spend on a neckband is anywhere between Rs 800 to Rs 2500. If any neckband has premium features, then you can even spend Rs 3000.
But in general, we don’t suggest spending more than Rs 2500 on a neckband. For your convenience, we have made a list of the best neckbands under 2500 that offer premium sound quality. You can check this list if you have the budget.
On the other hand, if you have a tight budget, you can check these neckbands under 1000 that are surprisingly good for the price.
Should you buy a neckband?
We know most users are leaning toward TWS earbuds, and there is nothing wrong with that.
In fact, we also prefer TWS earbuds over neckbands.
But that doesn’t mean one should never buy neckbands.
We can’t deny that neckbands have a lot of things going for them. They sound good, are easy to use, offer great battery life, are budget-friendly, and much more.
So if you require a neckband, there is nothing wrong with buying one. Just keep the pros and cons in your mind.
You might also like these TWS earbuds under 4000.
Pros and Cons of a Neckband
- Neckbands are easy to carry as you don’t need any carrying case.
- These are easy to use.
- There is no chance of accidental touches because of the physical buttons.
- These offer better call quality than TWS earbuds (excluding the expensive ones).
- You can use and operate neckbands while wearing a helmet.
- Neckbands deliver good battery life.
- You won’t get that true wireless experience
- You can’t charge them while using
- As companies are not focusing on neckbands, you might not get the latest features.
We admit that the craze for neckbands is declining. People are preferring TWS because of the truly wireless experience and added convenience.
But neckbands have their own place and convenience.
You might see fewer and fewer neckbands in the future, but as of now, you can surely buy one if your needs are required.
You will also like these TWS earbuds under 1500.
So, Are neckband earphones good and worth buying? We are sure you know the answer now.
If you still have any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section.
Do you agree or disagree with the points mentioned above? Do share your thoughts with us.