Are you planning to buy a Ryzen laptop over Intel one? If yes, then two questions must be going through your mind. Are Ryzen Laptops Good and Is it worth buying a Ryzen laptop?
As people are getting aware of the Ryzen processors, they are showing more interest in them.
Because the Ryzen processor is expected to perform better when it comes to heavy tasks like video editing. As a result, more people want to go for Ryzen laptops.
But how does it perform in daily life? Is it a good idea to skip Intel laptops and buy the Ryzen ones?
We are going to answer all of your questions regarding Ryzen laptops. We will guide you to know if a Ryzen laptop is good or not?
Benefits of Ryzen Laptops
There must be some benefits of buying a Ryzen laptop, that’s why people are showing more interest in it. But what are those benefits?
- The first obvious benefit is gaming. The latest 4th Gen (4000) series of AMD processors are so powerful that it can outrace the competitors in every department.
- The Ryzen processors come with four to eight cores. The more cores a processor has, the more easily it can handle gaming.
- The four cores might not seem that much powerful, but the six and eight cores definitely are.
2. Graphic Intensive Tasks
- Because of the eight cores, the graphical heavy tasks are way smoother on Ryzen laptops. For example video rendering, photo editing, 3D animations, and machine learning are more reliable on Ryzen.
- Do you know, the Ryzen 5 4500U can outperform the Intel core i7 8th gen processor in heavy scenarios. Now think to yourself how powerful the Ryzen 7 4700U could be.
3. Better Battery Life
- The 3000 series or 3rd gen of Ryzen processors is based on a 12nm process. These aren’t that power-efficient, but still better than the 8th gen of Intel processors, which are made on 14nm process.
- When we move to the 4000 series of AMD Ryzen, there is no doubt that these processors are best at consuming less power.
- The 4000 series is based on a 7nm process, which makes these processors way more power-efficient than the Intel 10th gen processors.
- Ryzen laptops are more powerful for sure, but the best part is, these are affordable too. These laptops aren’t overpriced like other rivals.
- You don’t need to pay 2 lakhs to get a best of the best Ryzen laptop. Yes the top of the line Ryzen processor is costly, but it’s never been overpriced.
- Looking at the pure value for money, you can’t deny that AMD is ahead of Intel. We aren’t saying that Intel is inferior, infact Intel is one of the best in it’s segment, but for pure value for money, AMD wins.
5. Future proof
- The Ryzen name might be new to some people, but it’s definitely not in the tech industry.
- The companies are getting to know the demand of Ryzen laptops, and hence, they are launching laptops with Intel as well as Ryzen processors.
- The apps or software are also getting compatible with Ryzen processors, because they know that there will be more demand for Ryzen laptops in the upcoming future.
Problems with Ryzen Laptops
It wouldn’t be fair if we only talk about the positives, not the negatives. So what could be the problems you may face if you buy a Ryzen laptop? Here they are:
1. Heating Issues
- Before making any conclusion, read it carefully. The heating issues are there but in the 2000 series or 2nd Gen.
- The 3000 series of Ryzen processors like Ryzen 5 3500U and Ryzen 7 3700U also heats up, but significantly lesser than the previous gen. But when we compare it to its competitor which is Intel i5/i7 8th gen, then Intel performs a little better.
- Now coming to the 4000 series of AMD Ryzen, everything changes. There is literally no heating issues in processors like R5 4500U or R7 4700U. When pushed hard, then 10th gen of Intel processors heats way more than the Ryzen 4000 series.
Should you worry about the heating issues if you buy a Ryzen laptop?
Currently, the 3rd and 4th Gen of Ryzen processors are in trend. Most of the laptops are offering R5 3500U/4500U and R7 3700U/4700U processors.
If you go for 3rd gen, then you may face some heating issues, but it’s not that much to make a laptop unable to use.
And if you go for 4th gen, then there are no heating issues.
So overall, there is nothing much to worry about the heating issues.
Any other issue?
There is no other major issue that is worth mentioning. If we face any other issues except for the heating, then we will definitely share that with you.
But as of now, there aren’t any issues as such.
So these were the pros and cons of buying Ryzen laptops.
Because there are multiple generations of Ryzen processors, which generations of processors are worth buying?
Are Ryzen 3 Laptops Good?
Before you know if Ryzen 3 laptops are worth it or not, you should know what Ryzen 3 laptops are made for.
See, Ryzen 3 laptops with 3rd gen series of processors like 3200U or 3250U or 3300U are available for less than Rs 30k in India.
This segment is best for students or basic users, or we can say that these are the best laptops for students.
On the other hand, the 4th gen of R3 processors like 4300U is more powerful and competes with Intel i5 10th gen processor, and hence 4300U is also slightly more expensive than the 3rd gen of R3 processors.
So, if you are getting the R3 3200U or 3250U laptop for less than 30k, then it’s definitely worth it.
Have a look at these best Ryzen 3 laptops under 30000 in India.
Are Ryzen 5 Laptops Good?
Ryzen 5 falls in the mid-premium category, but there is one twist. Before knowing that, you should know that the R5 3500U is one of the most popular processors in laptops.
Some of the best Ryzen 5 laptops come with the same chipset and they are priced under 40k.
If you are getting an R5 3500U laptop under 40-45k, then it’s a great deal.
Now, what’s the twist?
Here it is. The 4th Gen R5 4500U processor should technically compete with the Intel i5 10th gen processor, but somehow, it also beats the Intel i7 10th Gen processor, which is available in laptops of 60-70k.
So the R5 3500U is worth the money, but the 4500U just blows everything away.
Now we are sure you already know the answer if the Ryzen 5 laptops are worth it or not.
Are Ryzen 7 Laptops Good?
You already know how powerful the R5 processor is. Now, imagine how powerful the Ryzen 7 processor could be?
To begin with, the Ryzen 7 3700U is the most popular processor. Most R7 3700U laptops cost around 50-55k, but AVITA Liber V14 is the cheapest laptop to offer this processor under 40k.
Now moving to the 4th gen, the Ryzen 7 4000 series is among the top high-end processors. Processors like R7 4700U/4800H are the beast of their segment.
But, how much is worth paying for high-end Ryzen laptops?
The best price for the R7 4000 series of the laptop is Rs 65000-80000. Depending on other features of a laptop, the price may vary. But you can expect such a laptop to be in this range.
For you, we have made a list of the best Ryzen 7 laptops under 60000. Don’t forget to have a look at these laptops.
Should you consider Ryzen 9 laptops?
Now you must be thinking why we didn’t include the Ryzen 9 processor.
It’s because the Ryzen 9 4900H/HS mainly comes with the gaming laptops. It competes with Intel i9 10th gen processors.
These are top of the line processors, and these will cost you around 1.5 lakh.
Until you are a very heavy user/gamer, there is no need to spend this much money.
Is it worth buying a Ryzen laptop in India?
Let’s be honest, Ryzen laptops are great but don’t go for older generation Ryzen processors like 2nd gen.
Your Ryzen laptop must have at least 3rd Gen of the chipset.
If budget isn’t an issue, then the 4th Gen or 4000 series of Ryzen processors are absolutely worth your money.
Our personal recommendation is to go with 4000 series of Ryzen laptops. Either it’s R3, R5, or R7. If it’s 4000 series, then it’s a bang for your bucks.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to spend more but still want the Ryzen laptop, then the 3000 series is also worth it.
But never go for 2000 series or 2nd Gen of Ryzen laptops.
Don’t forget to check these Best Laptops in 50000 to 60000 Range.
Now we hope you have a better idea of whether Ryzen Laptops are good or not?
If you still have any doubt, then feel free to ask in the comments. We would love to help you.
If you have found this information useful, then sharing it with others will make our day.
Great blogs……just love those writings….love from Bangladesh
We are glad to know you liked our blog.
Hello, can throw some more details on ryzen 5000 and 6000 series in the market now(nov-dec,2022).
I need a laptop for my CAD working, and want to enhance my skill in photo, video editing and rendering of cad.
As of now I liked hp omen & asus G14
The 6000 series might not look good on paper, but in real life, it is. The Zen 3+ architecture (6nm) is a big refresh. It delivers high performance and consumes less power. The support for the latest ports and DDR5 memory makes a difference in real life.
You need to spend more to get a 6000 series laptop. If budget is an issue, then the 5000 series is not a bad deal at all. But based on your usage, we think the 6000 series will make more sense for you.
Both the HP Omen & Asus G14 are great options for power users. You can pick any of these depending on your budget and use. But just for your reference, you can also take a look at the Asus G15(2022) GA503RM-HQ142WS variant.
Is lenovo legion ryzen 4600h is still good to buy as of it prices as 60k and the recent generation values as 75k which one should i have to consider
For under Rs 60k, the Lenovo Legion Ryzen 5 4600H is a great deal. Don’t worry, you can go with it.