We have been using smart bands for about five years and have had good and bad experiences.
The experience is mostly good, especially in the beginning days, but it declines with time.
So based on our own experience, we will tell you if smart bands are worth buying.
Our Experience with Smart Bands
We bought our first smart band around five years ago and were excited about it.
To be honest, the smart band lived up to the expectations.
But then, we started to face some issues.
- The battery drainage was significant. In the beginning, the band used to last around ten days on a single charge. But after two years, the battery life was reduced to 4-5 days.
- The smart band receives updates rarely, that too, only for a few months. Later, there are no updates.
- Most smart bands have plastic straps. These straps go bad over time. If you can’t find a new one, the smart band has no use.
Other than these issues, our experience was mostly positive.
Nowadays, smart bands have more advanced features that you will find attractive and helpful in daily life.
Features like checking notifications without looking at the phone, controlling music, sleep tracking, SPO2, and health monitoring come in handy.
However, we would like to inform you that if your main priority is fitness tracking, these neckbands can just get the work done. You should not rely heavily on their data.
Overall, our core experience with the smart bands was good. Yes, it varies from brand to brand, but in a nutshell, we had a satisfactory experience.
You might also like these best TWS earbuds under 3000.
Are Smart Bands Worth It?
The problem with smart bands is that they can’t evolve anymore. If they do, the price will increase, and users will prefer smartwatches over smart bands.
Another problem is that the price of smartwatches is getting competitive. Some good smart bands used to cost Rs 3000 or more, but now, that segment has been replaced by smartwatches.
That’s why it is getting confusing whether you should buy a smart band.
If you ask us, then we won’t hesitate to get a smart band. Buying a smart band is a better deal.
Because of the rising competition, companies had to add more features at less price. So if you buy a smartwatch for Rs 2000 and a smart band for Rs 2000, the smart band will offer more features like an AMOLED display, better battery, and more.
What we advise is if your budget is up to Rs 3000, then buying a smart band is a wise decision. However, if your budget is more than Rs 3000, then getting a smartwatch is a better idea.
Based on that, we can say that buying a smart band is worth it.
Is it good to wear fitness band?
Yes, wearing a fitness band has a lot of benefits.
- You can have a basic look at your physical activities like walking, running, swimming, and others.
- Monitoring heart rate and SPO2 level is also possible on smart bands.
- You can track your sleeping habits.
- You don’t have to take your smartphone out of your pocket to check notifications.
- Most smart bands have music players. So you can control music without your phone.
- Also, the smart bands look good on the wrist.
For all these reasons, it’s good to wear a fitness or smart band.
You might also check these best laptops for coding.
Who should buy a smart band?
- If you don’t like bulky smartwatches on your wrist, then smart bands make more sense.
- Smart bands are more comfortable to wear with full sleeves shirts, T-shirts, and jackets.
- If you want to have an eye on your physical activities.
- If you want an AMOLED display with smooth UI on a budget, then smart bands offer the same.
- Smart bands last much longer on a single charge compared to smartwatches. So for better endurance, smart bands are better.
These are the primary reasons to get a smart band.
Also check the OnePlus Nord Buds 2 review with audio samples.
Who shouldn’t buy a smart band?
- If you are serious about fitness, then you should not rely heavily on the data shown by smart bands. This data is different from dedicated fitness equipment.
- Features like heart monitoring, SPO2, and others are good but are not 100% accurate.
- If you prefer a circular design, then smart bands are not for you.
- This feature might get added in the future, but as of now, you can’t make calls from smart bands. For that, you have to go for a smartwatch.
- You can’t interact with notifications. You can only see them.
If all these features matter to you, then you can overlook a smart band.
Also check the latest and best TWS earbuds under 1500.
Pros and Cons of smart bands
- More comfortable to wear
- Offer a lot of features for the price
- Mostly come with an AMOLED display
- Offer a great battery life
- Allow you to check notifications
- Good for keeping track of physical activities
- You can’t interact with notifications
- Smart bands can’t make phone calls, at least for now
- Some may not like the looks
Frankly speaking, smart bands are losing popularity because smartwatches are getting cheaper and cheaper.
Although budget smartwatches are nothing but smart bands with circular designs, people still prefer smartwatches if they have to pick one at a similar price.
Still, the smart bands have their own purpose, and they serve it well.
If you really want to buy a smart band, then you can buy one, as it is worth buying, even today.
You might also like these best TWS earbuds under 2500.
So, Are smart bands worth it? We are sure you know the answer now.
If you still have any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section.
Also, do share your thoughts if you agree or disagree with the points mentioned here.