Are you addicted to Instagram and want to know how to get over Instagram addiction?
I am going to share one little hack that works like magic. This hack can drastically overcome Instagram addiction.
I have used this trick on myself, and the results were astonishing.
Where I used to spend 2-3 hours on Instagram, this number drastically reduced to 15-20 minutes after applying this trick.
If this hack doesn’t work for you, then we have also shared some other tips to overcome Instagram Addiction.
So, Let’s know, how to get over Instagram addiction?
Why are people getting addicted to Instagram?
Just like you, millions of people are getting addicted to Instagram, and to be honest, that’s what Instagram, or I would say Facebook wants.
Facebook wants us to spend more and more time on Instagram so that they can show more ads to us and generate more revenue.
To force you to spend more time on Instagram, they keep adding a lot of features.
Once Instagram was all about photos, but now, it’s the combo of photos and videos.
Because there is a lot of content on Instagram now (Most of which is useless), people keep watching that content for hours without any reason.
This ends up being an Instagram addict.
What does Instagram do to make you addicted to it?
Do you know what does Instagram do to make you addicted?
- You see a video of a girl or a boy, and whenever you open Instagram next time, other videos of the same girl/boy keep popping out in front of you.
- You don’t need to play any video. Instagram uses autoplay so that you don’t have to do anything, and it will keep showing more and more videos.
- The scrolling feature is the biggest player to make you addicted to Instagram. Nearly 80% of users don’t do anything. All they do is keep scrolling and scrolling for no reason.
There are tons of other things that Instagram uses to grab user’s attention.
It’s good for their business, but not for you until you are gaining something helpful from it.
Most of the people are just wasting too much time on Instagram, and possibly you are also from those, that’s why you are here.
Now, the time has come to know how to get over Instagram addiction.
How to Get Over Instagram Addiction
There are many helpful ways, but here’s what I have done.
Uninstall the app and use Instagram web
Yes, you heard it right. If you really want to overcome Instagram addiction, uninstall the Instagram app, and switch to the Instagram web right away.
- Open Chrome or any other browser that you use, and visit instagram.com, and enter the login details.
What will happen if you use Instagram web?
- Opening Instagram will become a two-step process. Where you just open the app with one click, now you have to open the browser first, and then you need to click on Instagram to open it.
- No video will play automatically. You have to manually tap on every video to play it. This process feels inconvenient and you will end up playing fewer videos.
- No auto-refreshing means you have to manually refresh the feeds.
- The user experience will deteriorate, and you will spend less time on Instagram.
Believe it or not, this simple trick hugely impacts the time you spend on the app.
Did you know?
Humans avoid things that are a little inconvenient to use. That’s what we are doing here.
We are degrading the user experience so that we don’t use Instagram much.
Does this trick really work?
It worked like magic for me, and I am pretty sure it will work for you too.
Another thing I have worked on is my mindset. It was clear in my mind that I have to use Instagram as little as possible.
I ended up overcoming the Instagram addition.
In a study, it has been found that teens who spend 5 hours a day on their phones are 2 times more likely to show depression symptoms.
Other Tips to deal with Instagram addiction
If you don’t want to uninstall the app, and want to keep using the app, then there are some other tips that you can follow:
- Unfollow unnecessary pages and people: Only follow those pages/persons who are sharing worthy content that you are interested in.
- Limit down the usage: Set a time limit to spend on Instagram.
- Try avoiding videos: If you keep watching videos, you will waste more and more time. So avoid videos as much as you can.
- Turn off notifications: The frequent notifications force you to open the app again and again. Just disable these notifications from the phone‘s notification panel.
- Never place the icon on the homepage: If you put the Instagram icon on the homepage, you will keep seeing it, and the chances are you will click on it. Instead, let the app remain in the app drawer so that you don’t see it very often.
- Try using Instagram on a laptop: If you do so, you will not use this app much because Instagram on a laptop is basically a website, and it’s not as convenient as the app.
So these are some tips to get over Instagram addiction.
There is no way to deal with Instagram addiction if you don’t make any effort. You have to make some efforts because wasting precious time is a concerning thing.
Use it for something useful that can help you to gain more knowledge.
I have tried this, now it’s your turn.
If you are interested, then check these Amazingly Best Boat Rockerz.
Why Instagram is an addiction?
Instagram shows whatever you want to see, no matter if it’s useful to you or not.
In the beginning, it seems good, but at a moment of time, it turns into an addiction.
Features like infinite scroll, autoplay, and suggestions lead you to addiction.
Is Instagram designed to be addictive?
Instagram is designed in a way that once a user enters, he will never want to leave it.
To do so, Instagram keeps adding more and more features. The interface is getting better where you don’t need to do anything.
If we conclude everything, then we can say that yes, Instagram is designed to be addictive.
Obviously for more revenue.
How can you tell if someone is addicted to Instagram?
If someone is spending like 4-5 hours on Instagram for no reason, then we can say that person is addicted to Instagram.
If someone is spending more than 5 hours in a day, then it’s a concerning thing.
Should I stay off Instagram?
In simple words, yes, you should stay off Instagram.
If you aren’t getting anything useful from it, and just wasting your time, then staying off Instagram is the best decision.
If you do so, you will look at your priorities. You will start focusing on important things in life.
Until you are seeing Instagram as a career opportunity, it’s better to stay off.
How much should I spend on Instagram?
If you have a business page, or you are gaining some useful information, then spending 1 to 1.5 hours is more than enough on Instagram.
On the other hand, If you are just a regular user who keeps scrolling for no reason, then never spend more than 30 minutes on Instagram in a day.
So these were the tips that I have followed to get over Instagram addiction.
Try these tips, and see the result yourself.
Also check these Best Laptop For IT Professionals in India.
Do you agree or disagree with these tips? Do share your thoughts.
If you have any other questions, then feel free to ask us in the comment section.
We hope these tips have helped you know how to deal with Instagram addiction.
If you have found these tips helpful, then share these tips with others to help them.