Do you want to know How to Update Chrome on a Laptop or PC? If Yes, then here is an easy and instant guide with images.
Just follow this guide, and you can update google chrome within 10 seconds.
Before you update to the latest version of Google Chrome, you must know the benefits of updating it.
Benefit of updating Google Chrome
There are several benefits of keeping Chrome up to date. The major benefits are:
- Google adds new security updates to Chrome. If you keep updating the chrome regularly, your data is going to be more secure and safe. Even the hackers can’t monitor your chrome data if it is updated.
- Updating Chrome helps it to run faster. You will feel no to minor lag even if you an inexpensive budget laptop.
- Google keeps adding some useful features and visual changes to Chrome regularly. All these changes enhance the user experience, and a user can easily navigate through Chrome.
Step-by-step Guide on How to update Chrome
Now let’s know how you can update Chrome on laptops with 4 easy steps.
Step 1: Open Google Chrome, and click on 3 dots on the top right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Now from the drop-down toolbar, click on settings.
Step 3: The setting page will appear with a few options. Now click on the About Chrome on the bottom left side of the setting options.
Step 4: A new page will appear with a few details about Chrome. Now Chrome will automatically start checking for a new update.
If there is any update available, then Chrome will start downloading it automatically.
If you’re at the latest version of Chrome, then you will see a message like Google Chrome is up to date.
That’s how you can update Chrome easily in 10 seconds.
It might be possible that your Google Chrome doesn’t update automatically. So what to do in that case?
What to do if Google Chrome doesn’t update?
Why is your Google Chrome not updating? It might be possible that you are using a very old version of Chrome.
That’s why Chrome will not update directly to the latest version.
In that case, you need to download the latest version of Chrome manually. Once you are done downloading, then you need to install Chrome.
Make sure to follow these steps before installing latest version of Chrome.
- First, download the latest version of Chrome.
- After downloading, you need to uninstall the old version. To do so, go to the control panel, then under the program section, click on uninstall a program.
- Now a list of all the programs installed on your laptop/PC will appear.
- Select the Chrome here, and double click on it. It will automatically uninstall the chrome from your device.
- Now go to the download folder of your laptop, or locate to the latest version of Chrome you have just downloaded.
- Install it by double-clicking on it.
- It will take a few seconds to process. And now, The latest version of Chrome will successfully be installed on your laptop/PC.
So if you have any doubt about How to update Google Chrome, then just follow the steps mentioned above.
Do I need to update Chrome?
Yes, you need to update Chrome regularly. The new update adds new changes, and most importantly, security. Even Google itself suggests it, that’s why Google automatically updates Chrome.
If you want to keep your Chrome browsing and data safe, then you should update Chrome.
Does Google Chrome update automatically?
Most of the time, Chrome gets updated automatically. But there are some cases when it doesn’t get updated. In that case, you need to follow the instructions given above.
How to check Chrome version.
The Chrome version can be checked by following similar steps as updating it.
1. Open Chrome, and click on the 3 dots available on the top right corner.
2. Click on settings and then click on About Chrome on the bottom left corner.
3. Here you will see the version of Chrome you are using.
If you still can’t update google Chrome, then do let us know in the comments. We will give you the best possible solution.
- Are you using a laptop? If yes, then check the list of Best Wireless Mouse that can enhance the experience of using a laptop.
For any query or suggestion, get in touch with us on our Facebook page. We would love to help you solve your queries.
If you have found this information useful, then feel free to share it.