If you are planning to buy a new earphone, then one question can bother you at times. Should I buy wired or wireless earphones? Which one is the best?
You might get confused when you see a ton of options for both wired and wireless earphones.
We have been using both types of earphones for years. Based on our personal experience, we will guide you to choose the best for you.
So, should you buy wired or wireless earphones? Here is our take on that.
Top Reasons to buy wired earphones
- Because the signals have to travel through the wire, there is zero latency in sound. It’s really beneficial for watching videos and playing games.
- A Low-cost wired earphone can sound significantly better than a high-cost wireless one. For example, a Rs 600 wired earphone can sound better than a Rs 1000 wireless earphone.
- Wired earphones come with a bigger driver that can produce better lower frequencies or bass.
- These earphones don’t require any battery. So there is no need to worry about charging them every night.
- Call quality is impressive on wired earphones. You can place the mic further near to your mouth if you want even better call quality.
- Connecting these earphones is a one-step process. Just plug them with your phone or laptop and start using them.
Reasons to not buy wired earphones
- The biggest con of wired earphones is that they get tangled easily. Even if you put them carefully in your bag, they come out fully tangled. Flat wire earphones are somewhat tangle-free, but the rounded ones just love to get tangled.
- Carrying wired earphones is a bit hassle. You have to put them in the pocket or bag while not using them.
- You need a 3.5mm jack converter if your phone doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Listening to music while walking isn’t that convenient because the wire can bother you.
- You have to take the phone out of the pocket to turn up/down the volume or change songs because many wired earphones don’t come with volume control buttons.
So these are the top reasons for buying and not buying a wired earphone.
If you are interested in buying a good quality wired earphone, then check these JBL earphones. These earphones don’t cost much but offer excellent audio quality.
The Reasons to buy wireless earphones
- The biggest benefit of buying a wireless earphone is portability. You don’t need to put it in a bag or pocket as most wireless earphones have magnetic tips, so you can wear them around the neck while not using them.
- Convenience is another great benefit of wireless earphones because once your earphone is connected to the phone, you don’t even need to take your phone out of the pocket to control media or volume.
- Bluetooth earphones work perfectly fine, even if your phone doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- These are most suitable for traveling because you don’t have to mess with the wire.
- Place the phone at a table or bed and keep doing other work in the room. Wireless earphones are convenient in these situations.
- Wireless earphones can get connected to two devices at the same time. For example, you can connect your Bluetooth earphones to the phone and laptop simultaneously.
Reasons to not buy wireless earphones
- You have to charge wireless earphones every day or two. No matter how good battery life an earphone has, you still need to charge it.
- The sound quality on a wireless earphone is not as good as the wired ones. The Bluetooth was never made for music. There is some sort of compression going on, resulting in slightly inferior sound quality.
- The call quality on budget wireless earphones is poor. The person on the other end will hear a lot of surrounding noise. It’s the case with most wireless earphones.
- Sometimes Bluetooth earphones face some disconnection problem which might feel annoying at times.
So these are the main reasons for buying and not buying a wireless earphone.
If you want to buy good quality and reliable wireless earphones, then check these boAt Rockerz Bluetooth earphones. These are the best BT earphones in the segment.
Which one should you buy?
So, should you buy wired or wireless earphones? Which one is best for you?
In our experience, we have found that if you choose the right earphone, then wireless earphones don’t sound that bad.
You will not feel that much of a difference. But yes, call quality is compromised for sure.
So, what do we suggest?
If your budget is around Rs 500-800, then simply go with the wired earphones because in this price range, Bluetooth earphones don’t offer a good experience.
On the other hand, if your budget is around Rs 1000 or more, then you can look for wireless earphones.
We recommend you to go with wireless earphones because they are a lot more convenient.
To overcome the battery problem, you should look for earphones that offer an excellent battery life. For example, Boat 255 Pro Plus and 335 have exceptionally good battery life.
Furthermore, you can also consider buying TWS if you really need that extra convenience and portability.
Here are some good quality TWS from boAt that are cost-effective and offer great sound for the price.
Having said that, If you want only a wired earphone because you don’t want the hassle of charging and latency, then there is no problem with that. You can go for a wired earphone without any worry.
In case you are interested in laptops, then check these Best Laptops in 50000 to 60000 Range.
Now we hope you have got what you have been looking for.
If you are still doubtful, then feel free to ask us in the comments. We would love to help you.
Consider sharing this article if you have found it helpful.